Subject Leadership – Inspection Framework 2019/20 FULLY BOOKED
Suitable For: Subject Leaders - Core & Foundation
Cost: £150 (Includes lunch)
Subject Leadership and the Education Inspection Framework 2019/20
Using the Methodology of ‘Deep Dives’ to Develop Subject Leaders’ Effectiveness
This one day course has been designed to explain and explore in detail the methodology of ‘deep ‘dives’ used by inspectors to evaluate the quality of education in a school. It will enable subject leaders of core and foundation subjects to develop their monitoring and evaluation skills in line with inspection practice, and therefore also develop their leadership effectiveness. It will also prepare subject leaders for the level of focus they can expect under the new inspection framework where the emphasis is very much on subject leadership, rather than solely on senior leaders. Examples of practice from inspections will be shared with delegates during the day.
The training will:
- Provide the latest messages from Ofsted relating to deep dives and subject leadership.
- Provide ideas and resources that subject leaders can use to monitor and evaluate their subject, reflecting the processes of deep dives, with a focus on the pupils’ acquisition of knowledge.
- Enable delegates to reflect on their own practice.
- Ensure delegates are well prepared for the inspection process.
- Enable subject leaders to make a meaningful impact on pupil outcomes and articulate their impact.
Benefits of attending the training:
The training will help you consider up-to-date materials to provide greater clarity about how you identify and support your most vulnerable learners, it will provide you with ideas to add real focus to your self – evaluation and review procedures and, in addition, time will be allocated for you to work on your individual school priorities and the ideas discussed during the day.
Terms and Conditions:
Please click here to view a copy of our Terms and Conditions.